Thursday, April 5, 2012

Its movie time!

On the topic of movies I recently saw "The Hunger Games" and loved it! Well written. Fallows the books story line. Strong leading female character. Great action. Romance. Sisterly love. I cried 3 times. Midnight premiere made it even better!

This past Saturday evening was the Harry Tompson Center's big fundraising gala! It was a really fun time. We were all dressed up which is diffidently not our norm. Dresses, makeup, heals, and hair done is the complete opposite of how the Harry Tompson Center usually sees us. The board member, families, volunteers, people in the community, and friends all came together to raise money for the HTC. Over all i think it was a very successful event! Annes parents were in town this past weekend (shout out to them!) which made the night even more fun. There were so many people at the gala that they got to chat with, so many people to meet, they were celebs at the gala! I also ate my first raw oyster... well i think it was my first one. I took it like a shot (of water...), which was odd because it was just a slimy hunk that slipped down my throat. Not something i think i will do again, but had to try it once!

Back to the movie theme. A while ago Father Jeff came around the center to film clips of the guests, interviews, and interactions for a short film to advertise the HTC. Anne and i were not so keen on the individual interviews and were super nervous about whether or not we did a good job. I will let you all be the judges of that. The clip premiered at the gala in front ALL the guests! I turned red, what a surprise. But seriously, the clip captures the HTC in an amazing way. The images are well set up and show a very small window to the beautiful people I have come to know and love. I hope you enjoy it!

http://vimeo.com/39631070

(If that link does not work then you can go onto my facebook page and the clip should be on my wall.)

1 comment:

Daniel McKenna III said...

You LOVED a movie about a girl who had to fight people to the death (if I understood the review I read)??