Monday, September 19, 2011

The Ways I Bring CA to LA

There has not been very much about New Orleans or Louisiana in general that is similar to California.  But every now and then i can find something that reminds me of home.  For example this weekend we drove about 3 hours towards Florida, to a beach called Gulf Shores (about 45 minutes away from Mobile, Alabama).  It was beautiful! White sand.  Warm water.  Big enough surf to keep me happy and a good riptide to make me think of summer time in Manhattan beach :)  A former JV drove us to Mobile because she was visiting a friend (and splitting gas 5 ways is much cheaper).  Then we met up with the Mobile JV's and all went to the beach together.  There were some 'madusa' (if you remember from Italy the Italians call Jellyfish 'medusa') haha.  But only one of us got stung.  The minute she got stung though the rest of us were out of the water, real fast! 

On Saturday we had a bunch of people over to hang out and enjoy the cool weekend weather we were having.  We ended up playing a few games of 'flip cup' which of course reminded me of Santa Clara and the many many games that were played on the weekends in the boys house :)  (Miss you all so much!)  The current JV's did not beat the former JV's but the girls did beat the boys, of course. 

To make sure pieces of CA came with me to New Orleans i asked Mom to send me a project i was working on this summer.  It was decoration for my beach cruiser at home but ended up being very useful here in NOLA.  After some hard work i was able to hallow out a coconut, paint some nice Hawaiian flowers on the sides, and strap it to the front of my bike so that i had a convenient cup holder. 

The cup holder came in very handy for Anne and my Friday daiquiri stop :)

And we looked really good with our bike spokes all decorated!

Basically we are just so cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, basically you are just too cool! I love the bike picture with you in your helmet! You look good in those bike shorts too! much love, you guessed it, your biggest fan (Dad will disagree), mom