Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hard Day Advise

Like every job in life you have your good days and bad days, fast days and long day, days with less crazy people and days with more crazy people.  Working at HTC you end up being a sounding board for a lot of life troubles, celebrations, tears, laughs, fears, and every other human emotion that a person can express.  Expression comes in all forms as well.  Today started off rough with miss communication and frustration.  Then there was a lot of tention in the air in general.  And during lunch many people got angry with the organization and lunch system.  It was an off day. 

Horace is my angel, my life lesson giver, and my wise advise know-it-all.  He comes up with the most clever ways to teach you about life.  And has a saying or joke for just about everything.  He is slowly teaching me the NOLA lingo that normally goes right over my head, one because i cannot understand what people are saying half the time and two they have the oddest sayings (or slang language).  One of my favorite Horace quotes though, is something that i was telling myself all day and when i have a hard time getting out of bed in the early mornings, i say to myself: "Julie (which sounds more like Judy with the NOLA accent), get your shine on!"  Its another way to say get going, get living, smile, and shine your light. 

"Get your shine on!"

Morning bike ride to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too will now think of "getting my shine on," especially when I need a hug from you or just feeling sorry for myself.
Since we'll be seeing you this December and it looks like April of next year, I've figured out we will not have gone longer than 4 months EVER of not seeing our beautiful adult daughter. love you so much, mom