Monday, January 9, 2012

Birthday(s)!

I have never celebrated my birthday so many times!  When you have so many homes you end up having multiple birthdays so that you can celebrate with everyone.  At home i kicked some butt at bowling with the family (but not really, im not that good, more like the family kicked my butt).  We all went out for the traditional family dinner and when i got home there was a delicious 4 layer chocolate cake waiting for me :)  Props to Jenny and Dad. 

I figured i would do something with my community when i got back to Nola, so i planned that we all go out to dinner on Sunday.  Little did i know that they had something different in mind.  Thursday morning i woke up to a house full of Happy Birthday signs! They were strategically placed in every part of the house that i pass by in the morning.  From the bathroom mirror, to the coffee pot, and oatmeal container.  No one else is awake when i am in the morning because i leave the earliest, so i was just giggling to myself all morning, as i found the notes and signs haha.  I was so distracted that morning that as Anne and i walked to the bus stop i remembered that i was still in my slippers! It was to late to turn back home so i ended up 'slipper day' by accident. 

Anne and i raced to the bus stop this morning to just make the 6:50am bus.  She was a bit behind me but i figured she would catch up, i didn't think much of it at the time.  We got to work and i opened the door to the shower supplies and was met with a bunch of balloons and streamers which Emily had set up in the morning! Anne came up behind me and put a very funny bday hat on my head, which, of course, i was instructed to wear all day.  I got lots of bday wishes and nice complements along with some beautiful cards and poems.  During lunch Sister Vera led a Happy Birthday Julie song, which made me turn a ridiculous shade of bright red.  At the end of the day Don and Emily ushered me into the laundry room where Anne and Sister Mags were waiting with cup cakes to sing me happy birthday (again).  Anne had put together a wonderful bday sign that had notes from a bunch of the guests all over it :)  She told me later that the poster had fallen out of her backpack in the morning when we were racing to the bus.  Stephanie found it later in someones front yard, picked it up and drove it to the center in the middle of the day.  I saw Stephanie briefly leaving the center and was confused as to why she did not stop to say hello.  But it all made sense later, Stephanie at the center and Anne almost missing the bus, makes for a perfect birthday surprise!


These past few weeks i have felt so loved and cared for! My birthday(s) were amazing and all thanks to the wonderful people around me :)

Lots of Love!

No comments: