Monday, January 9, 2012

Home was Wonderful

Home was wonderful.  I was spoild rotten, stuffed with food (lots of meat), and reminded how lucky i am to have such amazing freinds and family.  I did a lot of things that i have not done for a while.  Shopping for instance was an adventure that i had not expereinced in NOLA, or at least not very much and not to the same degree that was shopping with mom, dad, and jenny.  Starbucks was another luxury that i enjoyed.  Having my own room.  Not having to cook or clean.  Watching TV.  Having my computer.  Playing with a dog.  Riding my beach cruiser (which now has a wonderful cushy, wide, beach cruiser seat).  Seeing the Pacific ocean.  And such.  I have missed these things (and others).  Also i have learned to appriciate them so much more.  I may not need or crave material objects as much any more but i sure did miss the beach.  Man oh Man! It was wonderful being home and it helped me see that i am where i am this year for a reason.  I am exactly where i need to be.

No comments: