Friday, January 20, 2012

Guests

Yesterday a video camera team came into the Harry Tomson Center to film the day to day activities for an advertising campaign.  They were mostly filming the guests chatting, shaving, and asking Anne and i for socks and such, but a few of the guests were also interviewed.  Later in the day the camera crew cornered Anne and i for individual interviews as well. For those of you who know how red my ears can get sometimes, it was a good thing i had my hair down that day! I am not a huge fan of being in front of a camera like that, but i didn't know that until the camera man turned on the camera and i had to start answering questions. I stumbled a lot and could not get my thoughts out.  I love to chat but not when the camera/person doesn't say anything back! But there was one question that i really liked.  He asked me why we call the guests a the Harry Tompson Center 'guests' and not 'clients.'  I thought for a minute, then decided that guests are people you want to bring into your home and clients are people you work for; we see the Harry Tompson Center as a home or safe place for people who may not have anywhere else to go. I thought that was a pretty good answer!  Then the camera man told me to say it again.... but start with, "I use the word guests instead of clients because..." and of course when i said it again it didn't come out the same way, haha.  Anne and i both decided that in front of the camera is not where we want to be but that we hope there was something said at some point in the interview that will work for the movie. The questions that we were asked made for good conversation between the two of us after, though.  Maybe if there had been a hidden camera in the laundry room when we were talking about our interviews afterwards there would have been some usable stuff said :)

Either way, if we made it in the movie or not, ill put the link up on my blog to let you all see someone of my clients and learn a little more about this place and the people i have come to love so much!

No comments: